Drivers could have some trouble getting around downtown Chicago on Sunday morning, with several street closures in effect due to the Lifetime Chicago Spring Half Marathon and 10K.
Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications issued an advisory on Saturday, explaining more than 10,000 people will participate in the annual event. The race will get underway at 7 a.m. and later end alongside Maggie Daley Park, where the Spring Market Finish Festival will take place.
While the half marathon begins at 7 a.m., the 10K race doesn’t kick off until 7:45 a.m., according to event organizers. Portions of four streets will be shut down prior to and immediately following the events, with the majority set to begin at 3 a.m. and go through 2 p.m.
A complete list of street closures is below:
- Monroe: DuSable Lake Shore Drive to Columbus Drive – All lanes, 3:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Columbus: Lower Randolph to Monroe – Northbound lanes, 3:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Columbus: Lower Randolph to Monroe – Southbound lanes, 3:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Columbus: Monroe to Jackson – All lanes, 3:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Columbus: Jackson to Roosevelt – All lanes, 6:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Lower Randolph: Lakefront Path to Columbus – Eastbound lanes, 6:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Randolph Exit (northbound lanes): DuSable Lake Shore Drive to Randolph – Northbound exit lane, 6:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Soruce : https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/street-closures-planned-sunday-for-lifetime-chicago-spring-half-marathon/3145510/